Free Crochet Pattern: Crocheting a tealight-/penholder with Lammy Yarns Lurex Yarn

Testing Lammy Yarns Lurex yarn 

and get a free crochet pattern

 
To test this yarn, I first made a patch to see how the proportions are for me. You make a patch of 10x10 cm. The label states how many stitches you will need horizontally and vertically to get the size of the patch. The number of stitches depends on how you crochet, tightly or loosely.

Label information:
- Yarn: Lurex
- Color number: 01 (silver)
- Weight: approx. 25 g
- Thread length: approx. 160 m
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Crochet hook: 3.5-4.5
- Ironing: allowed
- Dry cleaning: allowed
- Bleaching (CL): cleaning with chlorinated products is allowed
- Washing instructions:

- Number of stitches 10x10: 30 horizontal, 36 vertical


For the 10x10 cm patch, I used crochet hook 2.5 and 3.0 and 3.5. With crochet hook 2.5 I chrocheted chain 29 and 33 rows with single crochet. With crochet hook 3.0 I crocheted 25 stitches and 29 rows with single crochet. With crochet hook 3.5 I crocheted 24 stitches and then 28 rows with single crochet. I prefer to crochet the Lurex yarn with crochet hook 3.0 or 3.5. This is a personal preference and depends on which crochet projects you make. With crochet hook 2.5 the crochet becomes firm and with crochet hook 3.5 the crochet is more flexible and softer, but with larger holes. For a nice sweater / top it is nicer when the crochet feels more flexible and softer, so I would go for crochet hook 3.5 to 4.5. But for example crocheting a coaster or pouch, it is better to crochet it with a crochet hook 2.5-3.0.

This Lurex yarn is a beautiful fine glitter yarn to crochet. This yarn is available in various colors: Gold, silver, red, blue, green, pink, purple, black, etc. In 2020 there are a 17 different colors. With this yarn you can make all kinds of crochet projects. Gift bags, accessories for cuddly toys, crocheting jars, glitter sweater, glitter tops, etc. I have crocheted a small Calvé peanut butter jar for this blog, which I use as a tealight holder. Various patterns for crocheting pots can already be found on the internet. But I wanted to make something different for myself and I came up with this. As a tealight holder it gives very nice light.

Crocheting jars with glitter yarn:

Requirements:
- Empty and cleaned small jar of Calvé peanut butter
- Glitter yarn Lurex from Lammy Yarns
- Crochet hook 3.5mm
- Nice pendants or crochet heart pendants yourself
- Glitter yarn, lace cord, other cord or ribbon
- Pens, pencils or tealight

Abbreviations:
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
dc = double crochet
sc2tog = single crochet 2 together/decrease
crab stitch = reverse single crochet

Instructions:
Ch 47 and close ring with a sl st.
Tour:
1-4      Ch 1, 1 sc in the same stitch, 1 sc in every next chain. (= 47 sc). Finish with sl st in last tour.
5         Ch 5 , skip 1 sc, 1 dc in next sc, *ch 2, skip 1 sc, 1 dc in next sc* repeat from * to * 22 times, ch 2           and sl st in 3d ch of the ch 5.
6-12    Ch 5, skip ch 2, dc on top of dc, *ch 2, skip ch 2, dc on top of dc* repeat from * to * 22 times,                ch 1 (ch 1 instead of ch 2 because the next stitch is a sl st) and sl st in 3d of the ch 5.
13       Ch 1, 1 sc in the opening of the ch 2, *1 sc on the dc and 1 sc in the opening of the ch 2*
              repeat from * to * to end (= 47sc).
14       1 sc in next 47 sc
15       *1 sc in next 5 sc, sc2tog* repeat from * to * 6 times, 1 sc in next 5 sc.
16-18 1 sc in next 41 sc. Finish with sl st
19       Ch 1 and finish with the crab stitch.


This free pattern is made by Sharon de Vaal - 4Oneness Gifts and for personal use only.

The crab stitch tutorial:


In addition, I made a cord with heart pendants of glitter yarn and a metal bead. Instead you can also use lace cord (faux suede) or ribbon and there are also nice metal heart pendants you can hang on the cord.

I hope you enjoy crocheting these pots. I can't wait to see the result.
When you post this on social media, I invite you to tag your post with # 4onenessgifts.
Share your message with and follow 4Oneness on:
- Instagram: @ 4onenessgifts
- Facebook: @ 4onenessgifts
- Twitter: @ 4onenessgifts
- Pinterest: 4Oneness

With great pleasure and love I crocheted this tealight- / penholder with this beautiful glitter yarn in the colors silver, gold and red.


I wish you love, light and strength.

Heart Greetings 💖,

Sharon de Vaal

Reacties

Populaire posts