Crochet a Heart Bear with Lammy Yarns Chenille 6 yarn

Testing Lammy Yarns Chenille 6 yarn and
crochet pattern Velvet Valentine Crochet Bear

 

To test the Chenille 6 yarn I made a patch to see how the proportions are. You make a patch of 10x10 cm. The label states how many stitches you will need horizontally and vertically to get the size of the patch. The number of stitches depends on how you crochet, tightly or loosely.


Label information:
- Yarn: Chenille 6
- Color number: 890 (dark blue)
                           791 (natural)
- Weight: approx. 100 g
- Thread length: approx. 120 m
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Crochet hook 6-7
- Ironing: not allowed
- Tumble dryer: not allowed
- Bleaching: not allowed
- Dry cleaning: allowed
- Washing instructions:

- Number of stitches 10x10: 12 horizontal, 16 vertical


For this yarn I use crochet hook 6 and begin with chain 13. Then crochet 11 rows with single crochet. So for my 10x10 cm patch it comes down to: 12sc horizontal and 11 rows vertical.
 

This Chenille yarn is a beautiful super soft Velvet to crochet. This yarn is available in all rainbow colors. In 2020 there will be a total of 30 different colors. Enough choice. With this yarn you can make so many types of crochet projects. Soft cuddly toys, cuddle blankets, gift bags, scarves, sweaters, etc. Making a magic ring with this yarn is not easy, since the pulling of the thread is a bit difficult and there is a chance that the velvet will loosen a little. Instead of the magic ring I prefer to make 2 chain stitches, using the necessary stitches in the 1st chain stitch. If it is necessary to pull out your crochet work, do it gently as you may damage the thread. When cutting this yarn and pulling on the end you may pull some velvet from the thread.

For this blog I have made a heart bear (about 28 cm long) for my son (while writing this blog: 10 years). He immediately said that it was made with love and that he always keeps it with him when he sleeps. So sweet. This bear is designed by Sarah Zimmerman and you can make it yourself using the video below from Yarninspirations. I made some changes to the pattern because my daughter said she found the body narrow compared to the head. The bear I made with the original pattern, turned out differently than the picture on this pattern. So I made the body a little wider and shortened the neck. The proportions became slightly different. My children found this cuddly bear so beautiful and soft.

With great pleasure and love I crocheted with this beautiful yarn in the color blue. For the bear I needed exactly one ball of Chenille 6 yarn, in addition to this yarn I also used a little Tendresse from Lammy Yarns for the legs, nose and heart. This yarn gives a real Teddy bear feeling, it feels soft as a feather. I will discuss the Tendresse in the next blog.



Next blog: Star cuddly toy (own design) of Tendresse yarn by Lammy Yarns.

I wish you love, light and strength.

Heart Greetings💖,

Sharon de Vaal


Reacties

Populaire posts