Crochet Popsicle holders with Lammy Yarns Rio uni cotton yarn
Testing Lammy Yarns Rio Uni cotton yarn and
crochet pattern Popsicle Holder
To test the Rio Uni cotton yarn I made a patch to see how the proportions are. You make a patch of 10x10 cm. This label does not specify how many stitches you will need horizontally and vertically to get the size of the patch. However, it sais how much you need in grams for making a sweater in a certain size.Label information:
- Yarn: Rio Uni
- Color number: 841 (Mint green)
- Weight: approx. 50 g
- Thread length: approx. 125 m
- Material: 100% Cotton
- Crochet hook: 3-3.5
- Ironing: allowed
- Tumble dryer: not allowed
- Bleaching: not allowed
- Dry cleaning: allowed
- Washing instructions:

I made 2 test patches, one with crochet hook number 3 and one with crochet hook number 3.5. For the patch with crochet hook 3 I began with chain 20. Then 23 rows of single crochet. So for this 10x10 cm test patch it came down to: 20 horizontal and 23 vertical. For the patch with crochet hook 3.5 I began with chain 19 and then 22 rows of single crochet to get 10x10 cm. You will see a difference in the density of the patch. The thicker the crochet hook, the bigger the holes between the stitches.
Haaknaald = Crochet Hook
This cotton yarn is a mercerized cotton and nice to crochet. Cotton yarn feels cold, so it is suitable for summer crochet projects. Mercerized cotton has a beautiful shine and intense color. Rio uni cotton yarn is available in all colors of the rainbow. In 2020, there will be a total of 71 different colors. More than enough choice. With this yarn you can make so many types of crochet projects. Baby blankets, baby batchcape, cuddly toys, clothing, summer hats etc. Because there are so many different colors, you can vary what you want. So much fun. I love colors.
I made popsicle holders (approx. 10 x 4 cm) for this blog. A set of 5 for boys and a set for girls. These ice cream holders is a crochet pattern from Darlene MacDonald from Darlene MacDonald Designs and can be found on the Lovecrafts and Ravelry site. I made a few small changes to this pattern because my cotton yarn may be a bit thinner than was used. With this pattern I started with chain 8 instead of chain 6, first round 16 single crochet, from round 2 to 16 half double crochet and finishing round 17 with the reverse single crochet.
With great pleasure I crocheted these popsicle holders for using at home with this cotton yarn in various colors. My son still likes Candyman Frozen Lollies. I always put a piece of kitchen paper around it and thought this would be handy. He was very happy with this and said it worked well. It works even better against the cold than a piece of kitchen paper or napkin. So super handy and beautiful. You can use as many different colors as you want. Divide in your own way.








Reacties
Een reactie posten