Crochet windowsill cat rug with Lammy Yarns Highland 12 yarn




Testing Lammy Yarns Highland 12 yarn and
a self-designed windowsill cat rug

    
To test the Highland 12 yarn I made a patch to see how the proportions are. You make a patch of 10x10 cm. The label states how many stitches you will need horizontally and vertically to get the size of the patch. The number of stitches depends on how you crochet, tightly or loosely.

Label information:
- Yarn: Highland 12
- Color number: 016 (white / cream)
- Weight: approx. 100 g
- Thread length: approx. 40 m
- Material: 50% Wool / 50% Acrylic
- Crochet hook: 12
- Ironing: allowed
- Tumble dryer: not allowed
- Bleaching: not allowed
- Dry cleaning: allowed
- Washing instructions:


- Number of stitches 10x10: 8 horizontal, 10 vertical 
For this yarn I use crochet hook 12 and begin with chain 8. Then crochet 8 rows with single crochet. So for my 10x10 cm patch it comes down to: 8 horizontal and 8 vertical.
 

This Highland 12 is a beautiful super nice wool to crochet. This yarn is available in various colors. In 2020 there will be a total of 11 different colors: Black, anthracite, silver, brown, taupe, cream, moss green, ocher yellow, pink, light blue and aqua blue. With this yarn you can also make many types of crochet projects: Woolly cushions, blankets, dog and cat baskets, dog and cat rugs etc. It could be that it is a bit heavier to crochet, because it is a thick rough yarn. The advantage is that when you make for example a blanket, you are finished faster with this thick yarn than a thin yarn.
 
For this blog I crocheted a lovely woolly windowsill cat rug (approx. 35 x 31 cm) for my cat. She enjoys it a lot and likes to sit or lie on it. I crocheted this with 1 ball of ocher yellow and 1 ball of cream. I had no more yarn, otherwise I would have made the rug slightly larger. I would like a bigger one, about 50x35 cm, but for that I needed more yarn. Nice project for the winter. Maybe nice to share the crochet pattern with you by than?
 

With great pleasure and love I crocheted the cat rug with this beautiful thick yarn in the colors ocher yellow and cream. This yarn gives a real wooly feeling like when you pet a sheep (only not greasy 😉)
 

In the previous blog I indicated that I would write about Lammy Yarns' Tendresse yarn with my own design. I have the design, but because my website has completely crashed, I can't write about it yet. It had been a great combination. At the end of this year I will get a beautiful new website and an extensive range of gemstones and crochet products. This becomes possible due to partnerships. I will keep you posted.


Next blog: Because of the beautiful weather in the Netherlands: Ice holders crocheted with Rio cotton from Lammy Yarns.

I wish you love, light and strength.

Heart greetings 💖,

Sharon de Vaal

Reacties

Populaire posts